[Campus-uofa-staff] getting mentors for the event

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:59:43 UTC 2014

Looks like you've got everything covered!  That's great to hear - thanks
for going over it all with me.

Just to clarify a few things:

- Am I correct that you'd like to do a remote career panel, via google
hangouts?  If so, how many people would you like on the panel?  For remote
panels I recommend staying small, to minimize logistical issues. I can do
email introductions for you and some potential remote mentors tomorrow.

- Would you like us arrange for any projects with remote mentors via IRC?
 We have plenty of contributions people can make to OpenHatch itself.  We
find that students enjoy this because it's easy to immediately connect to a
community (ours), but it's also great to work on projects with someone
physically at the event.  Whatever you prefer.  :)

best
Shauna