[Campus-uofa-staff] getting mentors for the event

Shane Gianelli shanejgianelli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:08:00 UTC 2014

Yes, I will be running the event on Saturday.

I think the schedule model you posed is what we had settled on, with a
minor modification.  After the Career Panel, we were planning on having a
30 minute talk-back with all the mentors who, for the most part, all have
real-world work experience so that we can help answer any other questions
the students might have.

The Mentor-Event breakdown will be as follows:

Laptop Setup - *Matt,* Kate - We will help get all machine variations
setup, all mentors will be on hand to help  on a one-on-one basis.
Open Source Tools - *Chris LaRose *- With other mentors offering one-on-one
help.
Practicing Git Activity - *Chris van Horne*
Career Panel - *Shane* - I will introduce this event and facilitate it.
Mentor Talk Back - *Roey* - Roey will lead the discussion but all mentors
will be involved.
Workshop - I am asking that all Mentors bring a project or an idea with
them that they will present and responsible for engaging with the students
involved in it during the workshop period.

I will make sure to keep everything on track and introduce each event,
yes.  I will be emailing all of the mentors tonight.

Thanks,

Shane