[Campus-uconn-staff] OpenHatch UConn Planning meeting report 2014-09-01

Pariksheet Nanda pariksheet.nanda at uconn.edu
Wed Sep 3 13:48:25 UTC 2014

(Replying on the mailing list)

Hi Daanish,

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:21 PM, UConn ACM <uconnacm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pariksheet,
>
> Thank you for the additional information. The UConn ACM Chapter can help
> with some of your goals, namely: venue reservation, volunteers, fliers, and
> recruiting mentors.

That's great news!

> Unfortunately it's a little early for us to  earmark any funding, but we can
> discuss this in the coming weeks.

Sounds good.  I'm also going to approach the student association
graduate engineers (SAGE) today to see if they would be interested in
helping.  They hold a lot of coffee hours throughout the semester and
since their goal is to generate collaboration between groups of
graduate engineers across departments, I imagine they would be
interested in spreading the knowledge of collaborative / community
software development.

> How solid is the Nov. 15/16th date? I ask because ACM is also planning to
> host a major event before Thanksgiving Break. I don't want our events to
> cannibalize attendees.

Changing dates isn't hard and now is certainly the time to do it.  The
alternative dates we could hold the one day event are October 18 or
19:
http://lists.openhatch.org/pipermail/campus-uconn-staff/2014-July/000001.html

I'll stop by the involvement fair this afternoon.

> UConn ACM
> Association for Computing Machinery

Pariksheet