[Campus-uconn-staff] picking a date

Pariksheet Nanda pariksheet.nanda at uconn.edu
Thu Sep 11 22:21:47 UTC 2014

(Adding the UConn OpenHatch mailing list)

To update others on this mailing list, we will be moving our UConn
OSCTC date to the weekend of October 18 since the UConn ACM and IEEE
are holding their final robotics event on November 15.  This still
gives us 5+ weeks for planning, so we're still in good shape.

Today Daanish from the UConn ACM and I requested a space at ROWE 122:
http://classrooms.uconn.edu/john-w-rowe-center-for-undergraduate-education-122/
- Food is allowed inside.
- Open to the public.
- Handicap accessible.
- It has multimedia abilities if we have remote career panelists.
- The tables can be moved so we can set them up to allow group work
and seeing the speaker career panel, etc.

I also spoke at the UConn ACM meeting yesterday, and when I polled the
~65 attendees on who has used version control software, we saw more
than a half-dozen hands.  So it looks promising that we might be able
to source many mentors from the ACM mailing list!

Once we have the location confirmed (which should happen by Tuesday
next week) we can recruit mentors, see how we can organize the career
panel and organize sponsorship for their visit (if not remote) and the
food.

Pariksheet

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM, UConn ACM <uconnacm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pariksheet,
>
> Did you get my voicemail? I reserved the 15th for the ACM+IEEE event. Would
> you like me to help you reserve a spot for another date?
>
> You may certainly have a few minutes to talk about OpenHatch, just see me a
> before the meeting starts.
>
> On Sep 9, 2014 11:06 PM, "Pariksheet Nanda" <pariksheet.nanda at uconn.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Daanish,
>>
>> Would I be able to come talk about the OpenHatch event tomorrow at this
>> meeting?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Pariksheet
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 1:30 AM, UConn ACM <uconnacm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Everyone!
>> >
>> > Welcome everyone who signed up at the Fall Involvement Fair and welcome
>> > back
>> > to all our old members!
>> >
>> > The first meeting of the semester for the UConn Chapter of the
>> > Association
>> > for Computing Machinery is tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 10th, from 6-7pm
>> > in
>> > the Torrey Life Sciences Building Room 301 on the north side of campus.
>> > We'll be going over the numerous events, workshops, and activities
>> > planned
>> > for this semester. Pizza and ice cream will be served so come meet
>> > everyone!
>> >
>> > We hope you're all as excited as we are because we can't wait to get the
>> > semester started.
>> >
>> > See you there!

>> > address to the following spreadsheet by the end of the spring 2014
>> > semester:
>> >
>> > https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AueODKdLHx_ZdE1mQVhnSVRjS0c2SjJtay1Ea3Vqbmc&usp=sharing