[Campus-uconn-staff] Mentors mailing-list and career panel

Pariksheet Nanda pariksheet.nanda at uconn.edu
Fri Oct 3 10:50:49 UTC 2014

Hi Shauna,

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com> wrote:

> My apologies - I had mistakenly put this event down in my notes as taking
> place in November and so had not been giving it the priority it deserves.  I
> will send out calls for local mentors and remote career panelists as soon as
> I finish this email.

No problem at all.

Did any of the September events this year have a remote panel?   I
wonder if we can share a remote panel with another university on
Saturday October 18 and maybe amend our schedule to accommodate it.

> - The website: looks good!  I've set it up to redirect to
> http://uconn.openhatch.org/ -- it should start showing up in about 20
> minutes.

Wonderful.  I have updated the flyer to reflect this change:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzDuDh-BznYbS1JxNUs2Y2JSUG8/view?usp=sharing

How strongly do we want to encourage students to register for the
event vs entertaining walk-ins on the event day?  I wasn't sure if I
should say "registration required" on the flyer.

> - Funding: Have you heard back re: how much of the budget the school itself
> can cover?

Let me get back to you on this.

> - Have you worked out whether or not you'll be able to attend the event in
> person? I can't find any email trace of this conversation, but I believe we
> talked about you maybe being out of the country during the event.

Unfortunately I don't know yet if I would be back in time for the
event.  It all depends on when my VISA is approved which could be
tomorrow or it could be in a month.

Pariksheet