[Campus-neiu-staff] Contributions was: event schedule & day-of responsibilities

Jim Campbell jcampbell at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 22 03:54:07 UTC 2014

Hi All,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014, at 08:36 PM, meg ford wrote:

Hi,
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon
<[1]shaunagm at gmail.com> wrote:

- It seems like most of our mentors don't have projects they want to
help people work on (right now the only person on my list is Paul
with python-sphinx).  That's totally okay.  Paul can lead contributions
to python-sphinx, and Asheesh can remotely lead contributions to
#openhatch.  In this case, though, we probably want to focus on
teaching attendees how to find their own projects (via the Finding a
Project activity, which Meg will be intro-ing and demo-ing).  We'll
also have our list of recommended projects for students to look
through.  If you don't have a project you're leading, look through the
finding a project activity
([2]https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Curriculum/F
inding_a_Project) and let me know if you have any questions/hesitations
about being assigned to help students through the process of finding
and contacting projects.

So I guess we have Python-Sphinx, OpenHatch, and Oppia. I'd like to do
MediaGoblin since it's pretty quick to set up and an easy project to do
pull requests/file bugs for/etc. How many project groups should we
have? Do other mentors (Jim, Carl, and Francisco) want to help with
these groups?

Thanks,
Meg

[3]Campus-neiu-staff at lists.openhatch.org

I'm still not 100% clear on the format of things, but seeing as I just
set up an instance of MediaGoblin this weekend, I would feel good with
pitching in on this.

Jim