[Campus-neiu-staff] Re: Contributions was: event schedule & day-of responsibilities

meg ford meg387 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 01:36:29 UTC 2014

Hi,
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>wrote:

> - It seems like most of our mentors don't have projects they want to help
> people work on (right now the only person on my list is Paul with python-sphinx).
>  That's totally okay.  Paul can lead contributions to python-sphinx, and
> Asheesh can remotely lead contributions to #openhatch.  In this case,
> though, we probably want to focus on teaching attendees how to find their
> own projects (via the Finding a Project activity, which Meg will be
> intro-ing and demo-ing).  We'll also have our list of recommended projects
> for students to look through.  If you don't have a project you're leading,
> look through the finding a project activity (
> https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/Curriculum/Finding_a_Project)
> and let me know if you have any questions/hesitations about being assigned
> to help students through the process of finding and contacting projects.

So I guess we have Python-Sphinx, OpenHatch, and Oppia. I'd like to do
MediaGoblin since it's pretty quick to set up and an easy project to do
pull requests/file bugs for/etc. How many project groups should we have? Do
other mentors (Jim, Carl, and Francisco) want to help with these groups?

Thanks,
Meg