[Campus-davis-staff] touching base on a few different things

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 20:01:07 UTC 2014

Hi Jackie, Kevin, etc.,

I wanted to touch base with you about a few things.

Publicity/student outreach: The site continues to look gorgeous.  :)  I
notice we only have 22 sign ups - we can likely handle a bit more
attendance.  Do we want to do any additional publicity?  If you let me know
what's already been done, I can help you supplement it.  Additionally, who
is in charge of confirming with students that they're coming/reminding them
to come?  Don't want that to fall through the cracks.

Volunteers: We've got a few leads and will keep looking around for mentors.
 Having a good sense of how many students are coming will help us get the
right number of mentors.  There's a person on the student sign up form,
kelvinlu at ucdavis.edu, who might make a good student mentor -- does anyone
who already knows him want to ask if he can be a student mentor?  If not, I
can.  Also, Jackie, Alberto, Kevin - are you interested in being student
mentors?

Budget:  Where do we stand on this?  Is your school going to be able to
cover any of the costs?  If not, let us know.

best
Shauna