[Campus-davis-staff] touching base on a few different things

Jackie Zhang nyjzhang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 29 21:44:52 UTC 2014

Hi Shuana,

Updates:

Outreach:
We created a like page recently https://www.facebook.com/davisopenhatch and
got 100+ likes!

In terms of event turnout, we have 38 who click "going on the event page"
but only 30 registered so far. This week, the CS club is doing classroom
presentations so probably the attendance will increase then. Our event was
also sent out in our newsletter as well.

I am putting Betty in charge of sending out confirmation emails for the
event and reminding the students.

Volunteers:

Recently the linux users of Davis group reached out to me and want to
corporate and will provide some mentors. We def might need more though!

I will be okay being a mentor but I don't know any of the skills listed :(

I talked to kelvin and he does not want to be a mentor ...sadly

Budget:

So far we only have the budget for food but nothing else. We have a small
budget for other things but very small

Best,

Jackie Z.