[Campus-columbia-staff] Tasks, and mentors

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Oct 19 10:31:48 UTC 2013

In the interest of sanity for all, I think it's probably best for me
to not try hard to find particularly many new tasks for students to
work on.

Given that we have about as many students as tasks, and also that
often students get lost mid-way through the process, I encourage
(admittedly from far away; Shauna has the final word on this and other
things) you to ask students to pair up.

"Pair programming" is a particular mode of work where one person has a
computer, and both people talk through what to do with it.
http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/pair.html is a good simple
introduction ; http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2007/11/pair-programming-vs-code-reviews.html
covers it in more depth.

I'll be available online during the workshop, but I'll be far away in
sunny (?) San Francisco.