[Campus-bucknell-staff] next steps

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 15:43:45 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

Just wanted to check in on our progress.  I took a look at the website and
I have two concerns:

- the LaunchThat sign up interface doesn't seem to ask very detailed
questions.  Our sign up form asks for attendee backgrounds, food allergies,
etc. that are useful for planning the event.  I'd recommend making a more
detailed sign up form, or having someone ready to email sign-ups to get
that additional information.

- For the speaker section, can we temporarily take it out and then put it
back in as we figure out who'll be there?  If we can edit it, we can also
use that section to advertise projects to work on in addition to people to
meet.

Once we get that taken care of, we can start doing publicity.  It's a bit
early, but we can make sure to do a couple of reminder emails to early sign
ups.  It also gives folks a chance to pre-establish relationships with open
source projects before the event.

I noticed the "event schedule" and "budget" items are still pending.
 What's the status of the budget? re: the event schedule, are you folks
comfortable with the one listed on the website?  If you wanted to have a
longer career panel, I'd recommend taking out history and ethics of open
source, which is not our best activity.  That said, an hour long remote
career panel might get kinda tedious for those who aren't as into it.
 Thoughts?

~ Shauna