[WMF-outreach-staff] wikitech-l announce

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Jun 5 18:02:05 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Sumana Harihareswara's message of Tue Jun 05 12:29:36 -0400 2012:

> Thanks for sending that, Chris. Please also send something to
> wikitech-ambassadors if you haven't already.  It's a low-traffic list of
> Wikimedians on lots of different wikis that we usually use to do
> outreach/publicity re upcoming deployments and changes and requests for
> feedback; skim the last few weeks of archives to quickly get a sense of
> the tone.... it might make sense to just copy and paste your blog post
> into an email to that list.

Great, thanks all for taking care of this.

One more thought: last year, when we announced the "Build it" events, we
emphasized that the events were useful for newcomers and lurkers. I might
reply-all to your wikitech-l post emphasizing that. I think that being
clear about that helps people come out of the woodwork.

-- Asheesh.