[WMF-outreach-staff] wikitech-l announce

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 5 16:29:36 UTC 2012

On 06/05/2012 09:58 AM, Chris McMahon wrote:
> We definitely should, I got in trouble last time for not doing that.  I'll
> put something together today, if that's OK with you.
> -Chris
>
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>
>> I think we should send an announcement to wikitech-l. I can write it first
>> thing tomorrow morning (send by 11 AM Pacific), but Chris or others, if you
>> want to beat me to it, that'd be fine with me!
>>
>> -- Asheesh.

Thanks for sending that, Chris. Please also send something to
wikitech-ambassadors if you haven't already.  It's a low-traffic list of
Wikimedians on lots of different wikis that we usually use to do
outreach/publicity re upcoming deployments and changes and requests for
feedback; skim the last few weeks of archives to quickly get a sense of
the tone.... it might make sense to just copy and paste your blog post
into an email to that list.

Thanks.

--
Sumana Harihareswara