[WMF-outreach-staff] RSVPs and ping emails

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jun 4 19:52:45 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Chris McMahon's message of Mon Jun 04 15:33:18 -0400 2012:
> A couple of things in the mail msg:  a) I'm thinking you should probably
> use the full URL to the blog post 2) maybe rephrase to say something like
> "an 'autoconfirmed' user is one whose account is at least 4 days old and
> who has made at least 10 edits".  I think "people who have made 10 edits to
> English Wikipedia, and waited 4 days." is not easy to understand.

Full blog post URL put in there -- thanks.

Autoconfirmed text: cleaned up.

I'm attaching the next version. Further edits welcome, or else I'll send it.

> It's *great* that we already have people RSVPing, thanks!

(-:

> I participated in Weekend Testing last Saturday and got some verbal
> confirmations from some of the testers there. Also, I mentioned on Twitter
> that today would be a good day to create an account.  And I'll be
> publicizing the Openhatch blog post further as well.

I would recommend asking people to RSVP so that we can keep in touch
with them, both before and after the event. (Also, I think it's interesting
and helpful to see how people hear about these events.)