[WFS-India] Adacamp Bangalore applications open!

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Fri Jul 25 13:43:00 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 08:50 AM, Noopur wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> You might have heard of the Adacamp for women in free software and
> technology. It is organized by a non-profit called Ada Initiative, based
> out of the U.S.
>
> They are finally coming to Bangalore, right after the Grace Hopper
> conference I think. Here are the details of the call:
> http://bangalore.adacamp.org/
>
> Personally, having attended last year's Adacamp and enjoyed it thoroughly,
> I would strongly encourage everyone to apply. They also have limited travel
> grants. Please do mail me if you have questions.
>
> PS. The Adacamp is now only open to individuals that identify as female.
> Thought I'd mention since the detail gets lost on the website.
>
> Best,
> Noopur

Thanks for announcing this, Noopur!

AdaCamp is an unconference for people who identify as women in a way
that is significant to them and who are interested in open source
software, open technology, and open culture. I've been to AdaCamp a few
times and found it enriching and fun; it's a nurturing environment where
women can share what we've learned, find collaborators, laugh and share
stories, and plan to do even more.

AdaCamp Bangalore will be November 22-23 - deadlines are at
http://bangalore.adacamp.org/deadlines-and-notifications/ .

Please see http://bangalore.adacamp.org/who-should-apply/ and spread the
word!

--