[WFS-India] Introductions, Hive, Crypto and more

Noopur noopur.raval at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 07:19:41 UTC 2013

Dear all,

Just introducing myself to the list and a few resources that could also
help you/us in case you don't know already.

I am Noopur and I am based out of Delhi. I have worked with the Wikimedia
Foundation and CIS, Bangalore in the past as outreach facilitator. Now, I
work with KHOJ - an artist organization. I am also pursuing my MPhil in
Cinema Studies at JNU, Delhi. Basically, I am on the culture side of free
software. I am also a Wikipedia editor, a CC enthusiast and currently
helping organize the next cryptoparty in Delhi.

I think the good part about having a list is that you find a support group
and allies, job postings and more. In case you are looking for such things,
you might want to get onto Hive mailing list:
list really needs diversity and in bargain it gave me a great perspective
on gender trouble in tech spaces across countries). Another such wonderful
networking opportunity is Adacamp (look out for the next one here:
http://adainitiative.org/what-we-do/events/).

Last but not the least, are you in Delhi? Do you want to contribute to a
cryptoparty, mapping party or a Wikiparty? Write to me offlist :) Here's
the schedule for those who want to attend the Software Freedom Day event:
http://sflc.in/events/event/software-freedom-day/

Cheers,
Noopur
--