[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Debamitro Chakraborti debamitro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 15:14:01 UTC 2013

> FOSS people and NON-FOSS people - that IMHO smacks of 'us' vs 'them'
> syndrome. If FOSS is to be way of life or at least provide a positive
> choice for people, such segregation while in the early stages may draw
> in people, is likely to drive a chasm between and splinter the group
> in later days. In that I agree with Mani's stand, just not her way or
> approach to it.

I think I understand and agree to this. The background behind what I wrote
is that as I am not a FOSS contributor till date I tend to see myself as
representative of the "common person" in this group and try to express what
I like. But doing away with the distinction is the way.

> @all  Do read the draft and see if it is still too techie and newbie
> unfriendly -
https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/ep/pad/view/9/Dyfc9GVqBb

It seems much much better than the older one, very extensive, but very long
as well (I couldn't read it all). We might format it into sections that
show up only when clicked, to make it more readable.

Regards,
Debamitro