[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Kaustav Das Modak kaustav at codebinders.com
Thu Jun 20 10:41:30 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-20 06:36, Debamitro Chakraborti wrote:

> I think 3 rules out of the page are enough:

<snipped>

> IMO the rest are serving no purpose but confusing _normal_ i.e.,
> non-FOSS
> people. If you agree, please +1 and we can go ahead with these and
> remove
> the rest of the page for further discussions inside the group.
>
> For our group it is much better to show a simple non-confusing face
> instead of a terribly correct but totally confusing face. We should
> simplify and friendlify (if there is such a word) our site ASAP else
> we
> stand to be continuously mis-identified.

We need those guidelines to avoid future issues. However, in the
present iteration, I've broken down the rulesets into basic groups. Have
a look at "Version 1" https://wfs-india.etherpad.mozilla.org/9

The basic ideas should be clear to everyone. However for those willing
to venture further, there will be detailed guidelines. Also, it is
necessary to explain each tenet in a friendly manner and not impose
everything as a rule. IDG is proposing some rewrites of the original
version. Please see the etherpad for details.

--
Kaustav Das Modak,
Designated Partner,