[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

Kaustav Das Modak kaustav at codebinders.com
Wed Jun 19 20:16:46 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 19 June 2013 07:42 PM, A. Mani wrote:
<snipped>

> Debomitro's point ignores the conditioning of women in society. But
> you should have been more clear.
> This article should be helpful on some aspects that your remark relates to:
> http://text-relations.blogspot.dk/2013/03/the-young-girl-and-selfie.html

I think the main concerns of the OP have been largely ignored by later
comments in this thread. I would like to put the focus back to the
issues OP had raised. Particularly, I would ask people here to focus on
the "bug" report style improvement that OP had suggested for improvement
of the mailing list rules.

I believe there will be more transparency in this group if a
decentralized pattern is adopted for making decisions, instead of
concentrating the authority in the hands of a few admins. Admins can be
responsible for handling the technical part, but let suggestions of how
a group will operate come from the entire group and not from a few
individuals.

This group needs to be a forum for welcoming new people to FOSS, and
enthuse them with the ideals of hacker culture of learning through
constructive creativitity and sharing. Not a place where members have to
follow rigorous "rules".

Also, "rules" needs to be renamed to "guidelines", and be made more
flexible and less in number. Let the group decide what it wants and
feels comfortable it, rather than spoon-feeding it with present guides
and in turn taking away its ability to think independently.

--
Kaustav Das Modak,
Designated Partner,