[WFS-India] Suggestion for re-modelling of the mailing list rules

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 14:12:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Aruna S <safincrazy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. I thought about what I'd said for a while after I sent the message,
> thinking about whether it was a little sexist. Thank you for posting this
> correction. :)

Few more corrections :

Aruna, you mentioned gender in the discussion. There is nothing sexist
in what you posted.
A sexist remark should be related to one of biological sex, clinical
sex, brain sex, chromosomal sex, and other components of sex.
Often they would be about biological sex.

Gender discrimination: "Women don't make good police officers because
they're too nice and nurturing, while men are dominant and powerful".
Because it has all kinds of assumptions about cultural aspects.
Sexual discrimination: "No one is allowed to be a police officer if
they're on their period."

Does your remark amount to gender discrimination?
No, because you are merely describing the state of affairs.

Debomitro's point ignores the conditioning of women in society. But
you should have been more clear.
This article should be helpful on some aspects that your remark relates to:
http://text-relations.blogspot.dk/2013/03/the-young-girl-and-selfie.html

Best

A. Mani

--