[WFS-India] feedback on using the word "M$"

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 02:04:10 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM, Aruna S <safincrazy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have converted a number of M$ OS users to Ubuntu/ Fedora by
>> stressing mainly on TeXLive. A single tool can motivate migration of
>> individual users too.
>

> Exactly! You focussed on promoting TeXLive, a FOSS application rather than
> stressing on why MS-Windows is M$-Windows.

No, the context was like this.

[

The users needed to install latex, but TexLive is the best.

I had *buntu CDs with me.
I always make it a point to mention "apart from the security and virus
problems, windows is spyware. US probably looks at everything you do
(prophetic)".

It is easy to install and run Kile and latex if you install *buntu.

Use synaptic or sudo apt-get install kile ...you can install more
texlive packages via synaptic.

]
Yes, I did not mention how messy texlive can be on windows.

So the argument was essentially about advocacy + elegant sys admin summaries.

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani