[WFS-India] Updated: poster competition article

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 6 23:03:08 UTC 2013

Hello

2013/6/6 A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM, María Leandro <tatica at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'm happy to see that background is open to some debate; Here are my
> humble
> > toughs.
> >

> We had planned all this much earlier.
> So it is difficult to make modifications that amount to changing focus.
> It has already been announced in 10+ channels.

It's usually not a problem; I have run events and contests for about 10
years and there are always changes; people understand that 10% of the time

> Your ideas will require another competition. The *positive* aspect
> that you are expecting, does not exist in the minds of potential
> participants :-) as we will need to change the topic for having
> *positive* posters

Then I'm probably not the right judge for this competition, however, I do
believe that a positive aspect is what keeps us in the path of success and
that's why I try to push into all the females that I have take into the
community; including myself.

> > It would be better not to start with the bad, but start with the good, we
> > are trying to encourage, not courage; people. so, here are my toughs.
> >

> Our goal is to get more "not necessarily foss aware people" in.
> The lines are intended to draw attention.... which it does.

If this is not foss related, then I don't see why do you want foss
sponsors, this part confuses me

> > Talking about what causes social issues has to be what they show into
> their
> > artwork; problems exist all around the world, however, an abstract cannot
> > show opinions such as "activists says..." since we are not trying to
> make a
> > point, we are letting the door open so women speak their opinions WITH
> > artwork.
> >

> No, we have to provide directions on what we are looking for.
> Otherwise we will get all kinds of posters.

Openness is what foss do

--
tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro