[WFS-India] Notes on poster competition article

Tarashish Mishra sunu0000 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 17:26:05 UTC 2013

The "Background" section at
http://www.wfs-india.org/p/poster-competition-womens-and-lgbt-issues seems
pretty harsh. It *might* be telling the truth, but the way it has been told
is offensive. I suggest we tone it down a bit.

The aim of WFS-India is to introduce new people into FOSS. And IMHO a
beginner friendly organisation should feel positive, welcoming and cheerful
in general. A casual environment is more suited for beginners. But that
post makes me (and possibly others) feel entirely opposite.

We have also received some feedback on it on the IRC (which is how I came
to notice it). I'm pasting the log here.

< abadger1999> Any of ya'llhave the ability/decision-making position to
                     edit:
http://www.wfs-india.org/p/poster-competition-womens-and-lgbt-issues ?
< abadger1999> the background section there is a bit harsh (to the point
                     that it would probably get a reply to "be excellent to
each
                     other" if it was on a fedora mailing list)

Hence please consider modifying the text and try to make it more positive.

Thanks.
Tarashish