[WFS-India] Revised Report on Poster Competition

A. Mani a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 21:47:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM, sankarshan
<foss.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM, A. Mani <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Report on Poster Competition on Womens and LGBT Issues
>>
>> This will be one competition that provoked plenty of debate and in my
>> opinion, exposed the lack of awareness of a wide spectrum of FOSS
>> contributors and others. The idea was definitely supported by large
>> sections of the FOSS and many other communities, but some had
>> reservations.
>
> Thank you for writing up a revised version. I have a suggestion for
> you to consider - since you term this as a "report", will you consider
> removing the section that begins with "in my opinion"? A report should
> ideally be a factual narrative bereft of the personal opinion of the
> author of that content.

Reports can never be completely opinion-free as they must necessarily
be written in some perspective and world view. People usually write in
a very personalized style. Anyway, the following replacement text does
not really reduce value in the context of the
whole report.

"This will be one competition that provoked plenty of debate on
methodology and scope of targeted awareness programs. The idea was
definitely supported by large sections of the FOSS and many other
communities, but some had strong reservations."

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani