[pydata-outreach-staff] Venue visit and/or wifi details

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 14 20:30:09 UTC 2012

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Vid wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> (Sorry about extra latency at the moment; I'm on a train, en route, so my
>> connectivity is a little spotty.)
>>
>> I'm theoretically arriving a smidge before 4:30 PM, and I'd love to stop by
>> Pivotal Labs if it would be possible to arrange a visit. Vid, if you've
>> been, I'd also (or alternatively) love to hear more about the venue, the
>> access details (how we get in, etc.), and the seating.
>>
>> I'd also like to know more about what the wifi connectivity details are,
>> since that's been a problem at past events, and I would love for this one to
>> be smooth as porcelain.
>>
>> I'm happy to just try to stop by in person at Pivotal, but I'd prefer to
>> arrange it with our contact there and maybe have other people on this list
>> join me too, so we can seem (and be) more organized.
>
> I cannot make it today as I've been sick the past 3 days, so if you can
> wait till tomorrow I can make it as I had planned on going there to
> check things for myself. The AV and wifi should not be an issue as I'm
> told Pivotal hosts a lot of meet-ups, practically all the evenings and
> weekends so I would be willing to trust other people's word on this.
> Even so, I'd like to go and take a loo but not before Saturday. Let me
> know how you plan to proceed.

Sorry to hear you're not well!

Great that you're already planning on visiting. Do you have to request
a special entrance to visit tomorrow, or are they usually open on
Saturdays?

I think I'll try to get a visit done this afternoon, just so I can be sure
to have done it, but I will also try to join you tomorrow, scheduling
willing. I don't mind visiting twice, though my tomorrow schedule is in
some flux. (Naturally, Sunday all day is blocked out for the event!)

Is there a particular person at Pivotal I should ask to talk to? If not, I
will simply stop by and see if they have an office manager who knows about
our event, which seems a perfectly reasonably likely way to succeed.

-- Asheesh.