[pydata-outreach-staff] Laptop setup guide, and questions

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 14 01:22:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012, Chang She wrote:

> that's reasonable and i definitely get the desire to have as little "except…" or "if…" or "unless…" as possible.
> The only reason why I brought up Anaconda is that for people who don't have any Python installed, starting with Anaconda or EPD is a much easier and hassle-free option.

*nod*, yeah.

I have a full laptop setup guide here:
https://github.com/paulproteus/PyData-Workshop-Sprint/wiki/Laptop-setup

The OS X instructions are not fully tested, but I believe they *should*
work. I've based them on the Anaconda documentation. I think they're of
suitable quality to send out.

Thanks to all for your patience with me as I, too, figure some of this
out.

vid, if we can't figure out what is going on with my access to the wiki
repo, I've configured things so if you execute the following commands on
your system, it will sync the repositories (assuming you have SSH key
authentication to Github set up, which seems likely, but I don't know if
you use that method):

cd /tmp

git clone git at github.com:svaksha/PyData-Workshop-Sprint.wiki.git

cd PyData-Workshop-Sprint.wiki

git remote add asheesh git://github.com/paulproteus/PyData-Workshop-Sprint.wiki.git

git fetch asheesh

git rebase asheesh/mergeable

git push origin HEAD:master

-- Asheesh.

P.S. For vid: I've put a screenshot of what I see on Github.com so you
know what I'm seeing, w/r/t access:
http://paulproteus.acm.jhu.edu/tmp/read-only.png -- the "Read-Only access"
in the top right is I believe where the problem is.