[pydata-outreach-staff] Signup info form

Vid svaksha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 05:49:06 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I think these questions would be helpful for us to know the answers to, so
> we can prepare accordingly.

May I ask why we need this information? And I'll explain why below..

> <questions>

> One sentence: Have you used Numpy or PyData or pandas before?
>
> One sentence: Describe how much programming you have done in Python.

If someone were new (to either Python or to Pandas), this 2 questions
can seems like an entry barrier to them. They can go "I've never used
any scientific packages before, does that mean I cannot do this?" or
"Do I need to have 10k lines of code under my belt before I attempt
thes?" and I would hate to see people turn themselves away. I'll speak
for myself and say that I know the "imposter syndrome" from a very
close range, struggle with it all the time, and I would discount
myself if I came across those questions.

> Do you have any dietary restrictions we should keep in mind when ordering
> food? (e.g., "I'm vegan"; "I am vegetarian, so I don't eat meat but do eat
> dairy and eggs"). Leave blank if omnivorous.
>
> One sentence: What are you excited about learning?
> </questions>
>
> I designed a form and placed it here.
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVKUzVTMGxTc0diYXN2S3NLeEh1OHc6MQ
>
> It's helpful to have information about how people enjoyed the workshop, and
> what they would have liked to see different, so I'll also prepare an exit
> survey -- the above link has more info on that, and we clearly communicate
> to people when we'll email them.
>
> My questions for other staffers:
>
> * Anything we should take away, add, or clarify in the above?
>
> * Vid, would it be OK to grant me access to the EventBrite backend so I can
> send this out to people as they sign up, including the people who have
> already signed up?

Need your  login-id and the email you use (I am not sure which one I
need to grant access)

Regards,
Vid  ॥ http://svaksha.com