[pydata-outreach-staff] Clarifying the "workshop & sprint"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Dec 9 22:11:46 UTC 2012

I had one other question about the "sprint" time.

Given that the Github page writes, '''The afternoon sprint will be "free
form" and people who come can work on whatever they'd like.'''...

Which of the following is consistent with our expectations at the moment,
for people to be doing between 3 PM and 5:15 PM?

(I'm not trying to change the answer; I'm just trying to make sure I
understand what the current plan is, since I had a little difficulty
getting a solid sense from the current text.)

(1) People quietly hacking on Pandas, submitting pull requests and getting
help from Chang She as needed;

(2) People hacking on other PyData projects, like working on NumPy bugs;

(3) People hacking on their own personal projects that use Pandas, asking
Chang She or other attendees to help as needed;

(4) People hacking on their own personal projects that are in Python, but
aren't particularly NumPy/PyData/Pandas-related.

It seems to me that (1) and (2) are intended to be on-topic, and (3) and
(4) aren't; is that right?

Sorry to ask everything to be spelled out for me; I just want to be sure I
am consistent with the goals of the event.

-- Asheesh.