[pydata-outreach-staff] PyData event planning and ToDo tasks before 16Dec.

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sun Dec 9 06:33:25 UTC 2012

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012, Vid wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Vid <svaksha at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 3.] Lunch
>> The PSF is sponsoring our lunch (mostly pizzas and fizzy drinks), the
>
> I knew I had forgotten something important...the CoC.  Please see :
> http://pyfound.blogspot.com/2012/12/psf-moves-to-require-code-of-conduct.html
> http://jessenoller.com/blog/2012/12/7/the-code-of-conduct
> Since the PSF is sponsoring the Lunch and also paying for Asheesh's
> travel from Boston, we are officially taking a grant (is that ther
> correct term Asheesh?) for this event. I have updated the wiki page to
> reflect this. The CoC covers the attendees too, so feel free to chime
> in if you have any questions/thoughts, etc..

>From what I understand, they don't insist we have a CoC yet, since
this isn't a "conference grant," just funding from the Sprints
Committee.

But I'm excited if you want to put together a code of conduct for
us!

>> 4.] Give-aways : I got O'reilly on board (yay). I would have loved to
>> see a book but because of the short notice, they are giving out
>> coupons to Wes 's book on Pydata for sprint attendees, so can I
>> mention that on the wiki page? I thought it would be a nice surprise
>> but mentioning it now is also good as its an advertisement for
>> O'reilly's generosity. Thoughts?
>
> Any thoughts on this? Shall I add them on the wiki page or should this
> remain a surprise for attendees?

I think that's a great thing to mention on the wiki page.

You can put it somewhere toward the end, maybe semi-buried if you want
people to not just come for the book. (-:

-- Asheesh.