[OH-Publicity] Possible move of blog to wp-engine

Britta Gustafson brittag at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 08:02:17 UTC 2014

I like the idea of an OpenHatch blog that takes less work to maintain &
gets security/etc. updates faster. Thanks Asheesh for working on this.

Small things I noticed with this beta blog:

* The <title> is "Asheesh Laroia Blog | Your SUPER-powered WP Engine Blog",
which is cheerful but probably unintended.

* There is a stray Hello World post:
http://blogbeta.openhatch.org/2014/05/hello-world/

* The new sidebar omits the "Subscribe" widget for the newsletter, adds a
"Recent Comments" list, and adds a long list of archive links. We probably
want to reinstate the "Subscribe" widget; the two new sections seem fine to
include or to omit.

* Well, there's an interesting problem with the sidebar being extra long
with the two new sections. The commenting form sits below the bottom of the
sidebar (on both the beta blog and the current blog), so with an extra-long
sidebar, the commenting form is very distant from the post. We could
probably also fix this with by improving the styling for the commenting
form so that it sits right below the post.

Britta