[OH-Publicity] september newsletter

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Sep 30 19:42:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon
<shaunagm at gmail.com> wrote:
> That twitter picture is from one of our mentors, Dan Flies
> (dflies at kidblog.org) - I'll email him in just a sec.

Let me know if he's replied affirmatively, otherwise I'll post with
some more random image in a couple hours.

> Greg Wilson of Software Carpentry actually offered to help us with
> 'Oss_projects_by_domain' actually - I'm going to write up a guest post for
> them and try to send some of their people our way to help fill it out.  But
> I've been so busy I've neither written the guest post nor better prepped the
> wiki page for an influx of people.  So I think maybe that's a better item
> for the October newsletter?

That'd be great. BTW https://openhatch.org/wiki/Oss_projects_by_domain
could use a tiny bit of motivation at the top. Why this list? Projects
that students in those domains might be interested in at OSCTC events?

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Carol Willing
<willingc at willingconsulting.com> wrote:
> I attended LinuxCon. Some good OpenHatch-y stuff was going on.
>
> Here are some notes that I took for a blog post that I was working on for my
> personal website. Perhaps something would be useful to supplement your
> links...

Yes, I would like to link to your personal blog post in the October
newsletter. Please let the list know when you've posted!

Mike