[OH-Publicity] two blog posts about OSCTC events

Britta Gustafson brittag at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 23:54:24 UTC 2013

Ooh, I agree that these are great!

In "Infrequently Asked Questions: Bloomington", "has has" in the following
sentence seems like it's supposed to say something else (maybe "haven't"?):
"First, if people on the mailing list or the bug tracker has has told you
to stop talking, then you’re probably okay, even if they haven’t replied to
you yet."

I'm also wondering if there is way to frame "Infrequently Asked Questions:
Bloomington" that makes it a little more enticing for people who haven't
yet clicked that post, or who have only read the first part and stopped
reading before they got to the end.

Maybe a slightly more detailed title? "Answers for new contributors, from
patch commands to contributing design skills" or something along those
lines? It's hard to summarize the post since the four questions are all
different, but some sense of the content.

I think it could be interesting to put the third and fourth questions first
("How can I help open source projects with design?" and "I’m worried that
I’ll be a burden on a project because I’m so new"), since those questions
seem the most relevant to people who visit and want to learn from OpenHatch.

The beginning could also include a tiny summary like the following, to help
people decide if they want to scroll down even if they happen to not be
interested in the first question: "These questions are from our IU
Bloomington event, where people asked about how to contribute design to
projects, concerns about being a burden as a new contributor, making only
parts of a project open source, and flags for the patch and diff commands."

Britta