[OH-Publicity] blog post for review: scaling OSCTC

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Mon Dec 9 01:23:45 UTC 2013

Feedback, but it is late, so feel free to discard:

* Presidents' Day is spelled with an apostrophe... somewhere.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/photos-and-video/photogallery/photo-gallery-celebrating-presidents-day
thinks it's "President's Day";
http://www.archives.gov/legislative/features/washington/ thinks it's
actually Washington's Birthday;
http://www.usmint.gov/kids/coinnews/presidentsDay.cfm thinks it's
Presidents' Day; http://moscow.usembassy.gov/presidents-day.html
thinks it's Presidents' Day;
http://answers.usa.gov/system/templates/selfservice/USAGov/#!portal/1012/article/4480/Washingtons
BirthdayPresidents Day thinks it's "Presidents' Day".

http://www.edd.ca.gov/payroll_taxes/Legal_Holidays.htm thinks it's
"Presidents' Day".
http://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/teachers/presidents-day thinks it's
"Presidents' Day".

It seems to me the best answer is "President's Day" but I am actually
baffled by this lack of clarity.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/Decoder-Wire/2012/0220/Why-you-should-stop-calling-today-Presidents-Day-video
indicates it's really "Washington's Birthday".

Most importantly, I think there has to be an apostrophe in there
somewhere. There's no apostrophe right now.

Anyway, the post itself.

I would add some section headings, in bold or in a H4 tag, so that the
post is easier to skim. This is doubly important for opensource.com.

I personally suggest the use of the Oxford comma, so I'd do:
"Wellesley, Amherst, Lafayette and Morris, Minnesota" => "Wellesley,
Amherst, Lafayette, and Morris, Minnesota". Up to you.

If you can more strongly emphasize the donation campaign, that'd be
great. To do that, I recommend removing this from the paragraph it's
in: "If you’re financially able, you can donate to support us."

and moving it to its own, final paragraph, right under the existing
final paragraph, perhaps with these words.

"If you’re financially able, you can donate to support us, too. Your
contributions, sponsorships from companies like Puppet Labs and
Google, and the effort of dozens of volunteers have made it possible
for us to reach more than 200 students this year."

And if I missed the window, that's life.