[OH-Publicity] Draft of blog post of my SFSU appearance

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Sep 27 20:32:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> wrote:
> Hi Sameer,
>
> (And CC:ing OH-Publicity,)
>
> I wrote up a blog post about the talk I gave at your SFSU class, and I
> wanted to give you and the OH-Publicity team a day to suggest
> changes/corrections/edits.
>
> Draft: http://htmlpad.org/post-sfsu-blog/
>
> (Edit directly here, if you like: http://htmlpad.org/post-sfsu-blog/edit )
>
> I actually have some questions that maybe you (Sameer) are the best person
> to answer:
>
> * Would you be willing to license the photo you took of me under a free
> cultural works license, like CC by 3.0 generic?

Yes. Let's do CC by 3.0 Generic. I have a few more, that I'll send you
in a bit for your collection :-) All under CC By 3.0 Generic

> * Do you prefer "Dr. Verma" or "Professor Verma"?

Professor Verma is fine.

> * Is there anything you want to me to add/remove?

Please do mention somewhere in the post that you are on the advisory
board of The Commons Initiative at SF State.

The video will be at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhNvO0qErJY (still
processing)

> * Do you want to cross-post it somewhere? If so, great by me!

Yes, we'll put it on the commons blog as well. I'll post it there,
with your name. We still haven't figured out how non-SFSU personnel
can sign in...

It will show up at http://commons.sfsu.edu/blog

> Try to reply-all so it comes to others on the team, too. (I'll make sure it
> gets through moderation.)
>
> OH-Publicity, and also Sameer, if there are any typos or other troublesome
> oddities, let's get 'em fixed.

Looks good. Added one link to is.sfsu.edu

--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Professor, Information Systems