[OH-Publicity] Ada Lovelace Day

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Oct 18 20:05:09 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Oct 17 21:54:17 -0400 2012:
> Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Oct 17 11:05:42 -0400 2012:
> > Every year, one day is "Ada Lovelace Day," where on the web we celebrate
> > inspirational women in science, technology, engineering, and math.
> >
> > That day was Tuesday Oct 16 <http://findingada.com/ald-2012/> this year,
> > which admittedly is yesterday.
> >
> > I think it's okay if we put up a post on the topic today or tomorrow, and
> > if people seem to be okay with back-dating it, that'd be fine with me.
> > (I'm also okay with not backdating it.) We can still celebrate even if
> > we're a little late to the party.
> >
> > Given that: Is there a women in science, technology, engineering, and/or
> > math whose achievements someone on this list personally admires, in a way
> > that's related to OpenHatch and our mission of growing the diversity and
> > activity in free, open source software communities?
> >
> > I'll open the floor until about 3 PM Pacific, and hope that someone will
> > step up to write about someone! Otherwise I might reply with an idea of my
> > own, but I'd rather see more posts by others.
>
> Okay, I'll write up a note about Madeleine Price Ball, about whom you
> can all read here: http://www.madprime.org/

I present to you a draft:

http://htmlpad.org/mad-post/edit

http://htmlpad.org/mad-post/

Let me know what y'all think! Please feel free to edit the post directly
in HTMLpad (preferably, let me know what you did). If you prefer, feel
very free to just reply here with feedback.