[OH-Publicity] Ada Lovelace Day

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Oct 18 01:54:17 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Oct 17 11:05:42 -0400 2012:
> Every year, one day is "Ada Lovelace Day," where on the web we celebrate
> inspirational women in science, technology, engineering, and math.
>
> That day was Tuesday Oct 16 <http://findingada.com/ald-2012/> this year,
> which admittedly is yesterday.
>
> I think it's okay if we put up a post on the topic today or tomorrow, and
> if people seem to be okay with back-dating it, that'd be fine with me.
> (I'm also okay with not backdating it.) We can still celebrate even if
> we're a little late to the party.
>
> Given that: Is there a women in science, technology, engineering, and/or
> math whose achievements someone on this list personally admires, in a way
> that's related to OpenHatch and our mission of growing the diversity and
> activity in free, open source software communities?
>
> I'll open the floor until about 3 PM Pacific, and hope that someone will
> step up to write about someone! Otherwise I might reply with an idea of my
> own, but I'd rather see more posts by others.

Okay, I'll write up a note about Madeleine Price Ball, about whom you
can all read here: http://www.madprime.org/

Look for it in by the morning, and I'll hope to publish it as soon as
people ACK it, probably 8ish hours after submission. Sorry about the
rushed timetable.