[OH-Publicity] OpenHatch t-shirts!

Deborah Nicholson deb at eximiousproductions.com
Fri Jan 27 22:18:14 UTC 2012

Thanks for doing this!

I've thought for a while that OpenHatch ought to have t-shirts, for
> publicity purposes when we go to conferences, run events, and so forth.
> Last night I worked on a shirt design which ended up having a number of
> iterations / variations.
> http://littlegreenriver.com/stuffs/oh-shirts/oh-t-shirt-hatching-2.png is
> the latest iteration; you can see all the others in
> http://littlegreenriver.com/stuffs/oh-shirts/.

I love the bird! So cute! I think I like the latest iteration of the front
the best. I can't decide if the white cross hatching on the back around the
logo is  good b/c it matches the feel of the front or if it is more
important to have the unadulterated logo out in the world.

> Let me know what you think! Also if you have ideas for who/where to get
> shirts printed (silkscreened, on reasonably nice men's and women's shirts,
> not prohibitively expensive for small batches), that would be useful!

Of the printed shirts in my own drawer that I like I found Gildan softstyle
and Bella. I think Bella's part of Gildan anyway. They do some
manufacturing in the US and have more reasonable sizes (and prices I think)
than American  Apparel.

I think their "Heather Sapphire" could be nice for your design,
http://www.cheapestees.com/gildan-ladies-softstyle-tshirt-g640l.html

Men's shirts are always cheaper b/c they're basically a box with arm tubes,
but there loads of blues to choose from,
http://www.cheapestees.com/gildan-softstyle-tshirt-g640.html

If you try to get a quote via email, make sure you follow to see if they
can "do anything for you" It looks like you'd order the men's and women's
shirts separately and they can often offer you a deal on bulk which means
the total for both orders. In particular, it never hurts to imply that we
will order more from them in the future if the price is good.

More ink colors is also often more money but it makes the shirts look
really nice.

I hope that helps!
Cheers,
Deb