[OH-Publicity] PyCon booth
asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Dec 3 23:30:17 UTC 2012
So we have a PyCon booth, 'cause we're a OSS/Community sponsor! Check it
PyCon is a yearly conference that is totally great. Here are some facts
* It "is produced and underwritten by the Python Software Foundation, the
501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing and promoting
* Jessica McKellar is giving a keynote (and two tutorials, and another
* I'm giving a talk about Scrapy and leading a talk/session about "Scaling
community diversity outreach."
* Generous financial aid is available, and the Ada Initiative calls the
conference "a leader in the 'Most Welcoming Open Tech/Culture Conference
So... yeah, we have a booth!
Booths are where any of the following happen:
* People can buy T-shirts. (We did this last year. People seem to like the
* People can learn more about us! (Did this last year too!)
https://us.pycon.org/2013/sponsors/whysponsor/ talks more about the expo
Do we want to be there during all times, or just the sponsor break? Who
here is interested in going to PyCon, and/or getting an exhibitor pass?
Do we want to ask to be located near PyLadies? Probably useful. I can get
Ideas welcome; I'll probably chime in on the topic in a week or so.
More information about the Publicity