[OH-Publicity] PyCon booth

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Dec 3 23:30:17 UTC 2012

So we have a PyCon booth, 'cause we're a OSS/Community sponsor! Check it
out: https://us.pycon.org/2013/sponsors/

PyCon is a yearly conference that is totally great. Here are some facts
about it:

* It "is produced and underwritten by the Python Software Foundation, the
501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing and promoting
Python." <https://us.pycon.org/2013/about/what-is-pycon/>

* Jessica McKellar is giving a keynote (and two tutorials, and another
talk).

* I'm giving a talk about Scrapy and leading a talk/session about "Scaling
community diversity outreach."

* Generous financial aid is available, and the Ada Initiative calls the
conference "a leader in the 'Most Welcoming Open Tech/Culture Conference
Ever' category."
<http://adainitiative.org/2012/10/leading-open-source-conference-pycon-us-shares-responsereport-guidelines-for-harassment/>

So... yeah, we have a booth!

Booths are where any of the following happen:

* People can buy T-shirts. (We did this last year. People seem to like the
shirts!)

* People can learn more about us! (Did this last year too!)

https://us.pycon.org/2013/sponsors/whysponsor/ talks more about the expo
hall.

Do we want to be there during all times, or just the sponsor break? Who
here is interested in going to PyCon, and/or getting an exhibitor pass?

Do we want to ask to be located near PyLadies? Probably useful. I can get
on that.

Ideas welcome; I'll probably chime in on the topic in a week or so.

Cheers,