[OH-Publicity] Writing a blog post about our transition away from buildout

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 21 20:39:21 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I think it'd be great if we publish a blog post about our transition away
from buildout. I think there are lessons for other web apps that want more
contributors.

I wrote this brief, sketchy outline:

https://etherpad.mozilla.org/get-developing-in-five-minutes

If someone else wants to push it forward, I'd love that. You'll need to
have a bit of technical background on the available options and how we
evaluated them, but that can mostly be gleaned from the OH-Dev archives (I
have references in the blog post draft).

This blog post is written as if it's a summary of the long history of
these changes. The other thing we could do is just take the OH-Dev posts
I've written in the past few months, marginally clean them up, and turn
them into a few separate posts for the blog in a series.

I wonder if y'all have thoughts, or if anyone wants to volunteer to write
these, either by yourself by contributing to the draft above and asking
someone else to pick up where you leave off.