[pedagogy] Reading list of research about teaching

Greg Wilson gvwilson at third-bit.com
Fri Apr 12 18:32:49 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
As background, Software Carpentry has been teaching basic computing
skills to scientists and engineers off and on since 1998.  Since last
fall, we've been running a "train the trainers" group online to help
people find their way through some of the relevant material on
educational psychology, instructional design, and how all these things
apply to teaching programming.  We have half a dozen open slots in the
round that's starting at the beginning of May, and we'll be launching a
sixth round toward the end of June --- it takes 2-4 hr/week for about 12
weeks, and if you'd like to take part, please just give me a shout.
Cheers,
Greg Wilson
Mozilla Foundation / Software Carpentry