[OSCTC-planning] creating an osctc-users list to complement this one

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 18:49:46 UTC 2014

Hi all,

A lot of the knowledge of what's involved in running an OSCTC event is
being lost, as it's primarily contained in individual osctc event mailman
lists.  (We've got a lot of them: <
http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo>).  Searching these lists
collectively is so difficult as to be impossible.

I'm hoping to create an osctc-users list for people who are running OSCTC
events to ask questions on.  While I hope that past event organizers will
remain on the list and contribute advice and answers to queries, one of the
key features of such a list will be having a single archive of
information.  Unfortunately, mailman does not do archives well, at least in
its current incarnation.

I've found the Mail Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#newlist

Does anyone have experience with Mail Archive?  Do you recommend it?  Do
folks have other alternatives to suggest?

best
Shauna