[OSCTC-planning] Status of new Open Source Comes to Campus website

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Dec 24 21:10:38 UTC 2013

I just had a chat with Shauna on IRC for a few hours, and wanted to
summarize here to y'all.

We're making a cooler-looking and more useful website for Open Source
Comes to Campus.

Current overall strategy for website: Create something with a short URL,
probably campus.openhatch.org, whose primary goal is to serve as an index
confirming for possible local organizers that we will support them
effectively as they run an event, and whose secondary goal is to be a
resource we can point prospective organizers to.

Current status: We have a draft, and a plan.

Draft: https://github.com/openhatch/osctc-demo

Preview: http://linode.openhatch.org/~paulproteus/osctc-demo/ (just a
demo! don't share widely yet)

Plan:

https://github.com/openhatch/osctc-demo/issues?milestone=&page=1&state=open

Timeline:

* By hopefully Dec 27, and hopefully Jan 2, we want the site to be ready
for public view.

* After that, we can do nice-to-have items.

To emphasize that, I've created "milestones" and moved issues into them:

https://github.com/openhatch/osctc-demo/issues/milestones

I've set "Version 0.9" and "Version 1.0" as due Jan 2.

What this means for other pages:

* https://openhatch.org/wiki/Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus/In_a_Box -- this
page will probably become a HTTP redirect to the new URL

* http://campus.openhatch.org/ -- this URL will probably host the new
page, thereby enabling us to remove the content at campus.openhatch.org

-- Asheesh.