[mpw-staff] next steps

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:16:15 UTC 2012

Hi Catherine,

> I do notice, though, that
> the "for women" part is very subtle on the page, and I don't see the
> policy about "1 male guest each, if desired" mentioned there at all -
> seems like we should say all that a little more explicitly so men
> don't feel blindsided.

For us this is mostly communicated in the meetup.com event
description. Here's an example:
http://meetup.bostonpython.com/events/42610202/

> Boston folks, if you still have copies of any of the emails you sent
> announcing/publicizing, they would be good starting material for our
> own announcements!

For us the main announcement is to the user group by publishing the
meetup event, but let me dig up and forward some additional
announcement e-mails I've sent.

-Jessica