[mpw-staff] next steps

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:23:27 UTC 2012

The visit to IndyPy went well, and we got several volunteers to help
out with publicity, TAing, etc.

The room we'll have at Indiana LinuxFest isn't set yet, but it will be
one of a set of breakout rooms that I remember from last year - it
should be plenty big enough, physically, for all our students.  We'll
need to revisit projector and screen a little closer to the event -
the hotel doesn't provide them, but LinuxFest probably can.

Here's what seems to be next:

It looks like IndyPy created a wiki page specific to each workshop,
like https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_5 - shall I go
ahead and start creating
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Python_Workshop_1?  I intend
to shamelessly copy almost all their text.  I do notice, though, that
the "for women" part is very subtle on the page, and I don't see the
policy about "1 male guest each, if desired" mentioned there at all -
seems like we should say all that a little more explicitly so men
don't feel blindsided.

Once that page is ready, I'll feel ready to work on announcement and
sponsor-seeking emails.

Boston folks, if you still have copies of any of the emails you sent
announcing/publicizing, they would be good starting material for our
own announcements!

I think that registration via meetup.com is as simple as suggesting
the event on the meetup site, so I just did - I think two more people
need to rsvp for it at
http://www.meetup.com/python-182/events/53792112/ for it to become an
official (not just suggested) event.

Thanks, everybody!