[mpw-staff] last-minute notes

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:47:59 UTC 2012

Jessica, were you going to send your new version of the wrap-up
slides?  (Actually, were you going to present the wrap-up slides as
well?)  When recruiting sponsors, I promised we'd put their logos on
the intro slides - I can do that editing if you want to send the
source file to me, Jessica.

I'm really sorry that we still haven't managed to drum up better
attendance - all our final round of publicizing doesn't seem to have
brought in a single registrant!  We'll probably talk there about what
to do differently next time.

I should be arriving at the hotel about 3:00.

Lunch is arranged, along with bagels and coffee on Saturday morning.
Unfortunately, that ate up every cent of the PSF money and the
FewerHassles sponsorhip - I had been working from last year's version
of the hotel's menu, apparently, and they've inflated prices since
then (plus all the lovely service fees and taxes).  Grr, hotel
catering, grr.  I've started wishing we'd just hired a felafel truck
to pull up outside.

Photocopies of the Data Types and Loops handouts are ready.

The material at
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Indianapolis_Python_Workshop_1 is ready.

I've set this fork to use Indianapolis as the location, and tested it:
https://github.com/catherinedevlin/TwitterAPI

Materials for me to bring:
Handouts
Posters for directions