[mpw-staff] < 2 weeks out, checking in

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Apr 9 03:32:41 UTC 2012

>> I am happy to lecture -- I just don't want to subvert my main goal, which is
>> making sure you all get the experience you need to be able to run a totally
>> locally supported version of this workshop.
>>
> Mel and I are both experienced speakers, and I (for one) don't feel
> like I need the raw experience in front of a classroom - but seeing
> you do the workshop lecture in particular would be very valuable.  So
> I think that would actually support the goal rather than subvert it.

Agreed on this count. I'm used to speaking, teaching, designing
curricula, and teaching intro programming -- but the latter is in the
context of a semesterlong college course equivalent, and I think I'll
learn more from watching Jessica do the lecture

We can always do the second workshop's lectures. :)

> It seems logical that you, Mel, and I should each lead one of the
> project groups.  Does anyone want to call dibs on one or the other?

I'd like to call dibs on Twitter -- I've done text manipulation before
but using the Twitter API will be new to me so it'll be fun to figure it
out alongside the group (which I'm confident I can do). Happy to take a
crack at anything, though, if someone *really* wants Twitter.

--Mel