[Events] The Supreme Chi-Town Coding Crew Manifesto needs your input

David Eads davideads at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 02:08:24 UTC 2014

Hi OpenHatchers! My hacking group in Chicago posted our manifesto on Source
last week:

https://source.opennews.org/en-US/articles/data-journalism-community-why-and-how-do-we-do-wor/

It's my hope this will be of great interest to this community. We are
trying to find ways to establish long running, nurturing spaces that get
people tech jobs and skills to excel at their craft.

At the heart of the manifesto is a question: What kind of structure
supports doing good work, getting paid decently, and creating the world we
want to see? As you will see in the comments I don't believe the hackathon
model is up to the task.