[Events] Python user group outreach report, 2014-02-19 edition

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Feb 20 08:33:42 UTC 2014

Things accomplished this week:

* Connected two women speakers with NYC Python; connected one person with a
possible local Linux users group, which is neat but not quite what I was hoping
for (-:. Got a yes on an introduction to SF Python. Pinged PDX Python, and
started fresh conversation with Python Charmers Melbourne.

* Proposed some sizeable structural changes for a Django Hackathon with
Hackbright Academy (Bay Area women Python teaching group).

* Pinged Seattle contacts.

* Possibly helped connect some dots with Sandy Strong & PyLadies SF. They're
now organizing a Django tutorial without me; I can't tell if I can take some
credit for the connection, which if so, would be super cool!

* Helped move Chicago Project Night along by providing some advice.

Also:

* I finished reading the two books by Daniel Pink. I can recommend _To Sell Is
Human_; it's a short read, and useful & interesting.

Obstacles:

* I had some doubts about the Hackathon's structure, but I think I have
improved it. I think further improvements are possible still.

This coming week:

* Get back in touch with more user groups to close loops.

* I realize the grant period is coming to an end on March 1, but I have an idea
about a possible helper person, so I will see about reaching out to them.