[Events] open space technology events

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:03:54 UTC 2014

Saw this on the Software Carpentry list and was curious if anyone has any
experience running or attending this kind of event/workshop.

<
http://lists.software-carpentry.org/pipermail/discuss_lists.software-carpentry.org/2014-June/001792.html

Quoting:

I imagine a mid-session break would run something like:

  “What do you folks want to talk about next?  As a reminder, here's
the chart of all the cool tools and techniques we used in the initial
demo, but feel free to ask about anything.  Version control?  Who
wants to moderate an intro-to-Git session?  Thanks Alice.  What else?
Ah, still struggling with installation?  Installation folks should
head over to Bob, who's been helping people sort out their systems.
Make?  How comfortable are you with the shell?  Not very, maybe I'll
start a shell intro over here.  Anything else? ...   Ok.  Everyone
head over to the most exciting group, and we'll meet up again in an
hour. I'll write the group names up on the blackboard for anyone who
wants to switch groups halfway through.”