[Events] "just hacking around" vs "software engineering" tutorials

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:03:51 UTC 2014

*2) we need to give the hobbyist crowd explanations that help
themunderstand what they can skip*

I think this is key.  It's hard to create materials that will be good for
all learners.  Providing metadata and explanations of what kind of
activities are good for what kind of goals/abilities/learning styles is the
best way around that in my opinion.  Of course, especially for younger
learners, a lot of personal preferences remain undiscovered/unarticulated...